Friday, December 11, 2009
13K Wow! Lalee's in Business
Okay, so I guess I should clarify 13K refers to the length of the run Pete completed this morning and not any kind of money Lalee wishes she's made in her business. Pete twisted his ankle earlier this week and its been hurting. I tried to convince Pete to sit this run out (he has been trying to do some kind of run at least once a month (two some months). He did it, despite the sore ankle, and he even beat the time goal he had set for himself. I was really proud of him for sticking to his goals despite plenty of excuses.
For school Lalee had to come up with a business. She had to create a business plan, decide on a product, make that product (20 products per week for a month), market that product, and do the accounting for her business. She chose to create F.Y.I. cards and sell them. Basically, a business or contact card for kids. We created a set of 10 backgrounds the kids could chose from, 10 fonts, 10 font colors. They filled out a form with the information they wanted on the cards and she made them. This project ends this coming week and she has had a great time with it. She's also learned a lot about how hard it is to actually have a business.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment