Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Playing hookie at the beach

You know the say, "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade?" I've had a couple of really sour lemony days this week and just didn't feel like sipping my "life lemonade" alone today. So a hour or so before I typically pick the kids up I pulled them out of school early and we hit the beach. We haven't been to the beach to just swim for a couple of months and we couldn't have asked for a better day.
We watched some schools of fish and collected seashells although this starfish was my favorite find. (It's in about 2 feet of water- the water was so clear today). We didn't go to a new beach, see anything amazing or new. We just... were. It was wonderfully peaceful and relaxing. Just what we needed. Unfortunately, unlike high school- Pete didn't play hookie with us ;)

1 comment:

symony said...

oh that star fish is really awesome!

Up to 2008 Slideshow