Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The amazing things our children teach us. . .

Okay, I have a confession. While we were in Utah in February I was in Jami's bathroom and noticed my first white hair. Yes. You read right. This was not a pleasant discovery for me. In fact I started crying which Pete very appropriately still makes fun of me for. Recently I have discovered just how greatly I over reacted. It's amazing what our children teach us. Last weekend I while doing Becca's hair outside in the bright sun I realized Becca doesn't have just one while hair, she has... well more than one! And I'm not talking just a lighter hair or just a spot, nope I'm talking perfectly brilliant white from roots to tip. And Becca, well she responded to that discovery so much better than her mom. "Awesome!" was her verdict.
What an amazing way to look at life, celebrate it. Granted, she doesn't have a clue she's got her dad's hair and is unique, she was just excited to be growing. Love it!

No comments:

Up to 2008 Slideshow