I took these pictures of my counseling office and classroom at the beginning of the school year. Of course the classroom has changed a bit since then ;) Just another snapshot from our life here at Okinawa.

Looking into my office from the hall

My desk

Moving around the room...


The kids all painted me pictures that hang that across from my desk. I love looking at them throughout the day.

Lalee and I painted this together so I would have something to match the other picture (below). We added Dr. Seuss's quote: You have brains in your head, you have feet in your shoes. You can point yourself in any direction you choose. You are on your own, you know what you know. You are the guy who will decide where you go.

And just a couple of pictures from my classroom:

I have a map wall- for this unit a string lead from all the student's pictures to their favorite place in the world. Right now we are doing "snap-shots" of different ancient civilizations as we talk about them. It changes as periodically.

This is my graffiti will. Each unit the students have to find something (picture, new sarticle, comic, etc) that ties into what we are talking about in class and bring it in a present it. Trying to enhance that continual outside of the classroom learning thing. It always ends up looking different each unit and it's fun to see what the students find :)
If you all wanna see more, meander over here and I'll take you on a tour :)
Looking into my office from the hall
My desk
Moving around the room...
The kids all painted me pictures that hang that across from my desk. I love looking at them throughout the day.
Lalee and I painted this together so I would have something to match the other picture (below). We added Dr. Seuss's quote: You have brains in your head, you have feet in your shoes. You can point yourself in any direction you choose. You are on your own, you know what you know. You are the guy who will decide where you go.
And just a couple of pictures from my classroom:
I have a map wall- for this unit a string lead from all the student's pictures to their favorite place in the world. Right now we are doing "snap-shots" of different ancient civilizations as we talk about them. It changes as periodically.
This is my graffiti will. Each unit the students have to find something (picture, new sarticle, comic, etc) that ties into what we are talking about in class and bring it in a present it. Trying to enhance that continual outside of the classroom learning thing. It always ends up looking different each unit and it's fun to see what the students find :)
If you all wanna see more, meander over here and I'll take you on a tour :)
4 comments:
What a fun office! I love the pictures the kids made and the picture you and Lalee did. so much fun but you always have fun ideas. The kids are lucky to have you as a teacher!
I adore those pics!!! you should sell me some! your class looks beautiful!
Thanks guys. The pictures are actually pictures that my own three kids painted. I purposely hung them right across from my desk to remind me what's waiting for me at home. It works wonders at making sure I leave work on time!
I remember you telling me about this, but I just now found the pics?!? hmmm.. I totally love it! Esp the pic you and Lalee painted. I'm inspired.. what type of paint did you paint it with, and is it on canvas? or something else?
Post a Comment