Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Okinawa Zoo of strange Creatures


So, you all know I'm not the biggest fan of zoos. Don't really like them. Always the same sad looking animals just standing around while we point and stare at them. That said, I took the kids to the zoo this past weekend while Pete was studying.

The zoo itself is really pretty this time of year with all the flowers in bloom, it's not too hot- just perfect weather. It does have a lot of the same old animals but there are also so many animals that we have not seen before (yes, they still had the same sad expressions on their faces but at least they were different sad faces than we have seen in the past).

Ironically, Alex loved the giraffs.

I know he's seen them before, but he liked them. Lalee and Becca liked the lions and monkeys, espeically the one with the red face that looked like a mask and swung from his

tail. (You can kind of see it in the background).
Personally, I think the coolest thing we saw was the giant ant-eater. I didn't realize that this was an actual animal. It was big- probably 5-6 feet long, and its face is primarily a really long funnel-like snout. Sorry for the poor picture.

No comments:

Up to 2008 Slideshow