Wednesday, January 13, 2010
It's the one flower on the hat that makes Frosty come alive- don't you know?
I logged on to post a couple of times lately but I can't find the cord to the camera, thus no pictures. Oh well. Not a lot has happened in our lives lately. Last weekend we had an amazingly beautiful day here- very pretty. We went to Comprehensive park, rented a paddle boat and feed the fish. The kids loved the playground but talk about crowds! Today and yesterday have been COLD. Maybe not Utah cold but cold for Okinawa. Throw in the humidity and it feels a lot colder than it is (54*). I know, I know! I can't believe I, a Utah native, am calling 54 degrees cold. But have no fear, we are supposed to be back up in the 60s by the weekend and by this time next week we are supposed to be close to the 70s. Very Weird weather here. I started school again. It is an interesting set up and I'm still getting used to it. The whole job thing is a wonderfully, discouraging adventure that must go on. We have spent our fair share of time at the dentist lately. Lalee had a check up two weeks ago, Alex and Becca had checkups this week. Both of them are returning to have cavities filled in a month. Lalee went to her first ortho appointment this week. She is missing a couple of permanent teeth, has a big over bite and some spacing issues. They won't put braces on until she stops sucking her thumb. We'll go back in a month and hopefully we will be able to have mastered that obstacle. Alex got 85% on his spelling test this past week. I know that doesn't sound like much but even with studying, Alex typically only gets between 40-60% on his spelling (not his strong subject) so that was reason to celebrate at our house. Yesterday, after her class watched frosty the snowman, Becca announced, "We have to go and get on three airplanes and take 2 days to fly to Utah so I can build a snowman and put a hat with just one flower on it and then it will come alive." To which I replied, "Really? It will come alive?" Her. "Yep, and the movie said the hat has to have just one flower." Me: "And we have to go to Utah for this?" Her (with a "duh" look on her face. "There's no snow here, mom. Just in Utah." It probably doesn't sound all that cute but I about bust a gut laughing. Poor girl, she honestly believes she will have a live snowman friend if she can only find a hat with just one flower to put on its head. I am still writing a weekly article for the local blog OkinawaHai. I write the "To Mingle" piece each Tuesday. This has been a great way to met people and become familiar with the island. That's about all the news from our corner of the world for the past week or so. Here's hoping the rest of January smooth and positive.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment