Thursday, March 12, 2009
Oka-banana
We told our kids about Japan this week. It was cute. Lalee immediately wanted to go online and find out where the closest swimming pool and park are. Alex was somewhat concerned about needing to learn Japanese but excited about the moving idea- that kid is always wanting to move. And Becca has been going around the house saying Oka-banana. Apparently that is how you say Okinawa in 4 year-old. Pete and I have been talking about all kinds of stuff this week, keep a vechile, sell them both, which pieces of furniture we are keeping and selling, etc. It is going to be great. I'm not even nervous about getting a job anymore. That was my big concern but I figure I will do whatever I can this spring and if I don't get a job then I will go to school and teach English next year while I substitute at the schools and then I will be able to apply next year. I feel good about this move. Much better then I was ever able to convince myself to feel about Albuquerque. I want to pull out the calender this weekend and fill it full of times to see our families. That is the one part of this that still feels sad, being so far away from everyone we love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment