Friday, August 6, 2010

Just some more examples of great Japa-English

Reading Japanese English (or Japa-English as my fam calls it) almost always brings a smile. Below are pictures of three gift bags that we found in a convenience store last weekend. Kind of funny. "I watched the pretty cat which there was on the rook of the neighboring house today. I want to make friends with her. I keep is a secret from other friends. The reason is because I want to make friends with her first."
My puppy played too much and was tired and has slept. What kind of dream do you watch? Let's go for a drive together tomorrow.

The day when I was troubled all day. My pretty puppy, the place are not your rooms. Please, please come out! Are you no use with the soft cushions of this place?
Did I mention these were the ONLY choices of gift bags available? What occasion would you use these bags for?

2 comments:

Myo said...

These are hilarious, and don't make any sense at all. There is a little of that here too (German though of course!) I have to wonder sometimes why the shop owners don't ask any one of the millions of Americans running around for some help. :)

JaNae said...

Lol- EXACTLY! Although there is that verb / noun / adjective structure that almost never seems to translate correctly ;)

Up to 2008 Slideshow