Sunday, April 11, 2010

Spring Break, here we come!





We began spring break with two different extremes, okay- maybe extremes is a strong word, but let me tell you- it was nice and warm (80s) outside today with decent amount of humidity and the ice-skating rink we went to was very cold (see your breath and nose turn pink cold). I stopped by ITT travel to see if there were any good tours going on this next week, there weren't any affordable ones but they did have discount tickets to the ice skating rink. Pete and I were both really surprised at how quickly Becca took to ice skating. She LOVED it. Lalee and Alex had a great time too.

Afterward we went to one of the parks and watched fireworks. The fireworks here go on for a long time (like an hour or more) and they have a story that goes with it and lots of music. So during the dramatic parts of the story lots of crazy loud, bright fireworks. During the slow parts there are slow drizzling white fireworks. Pretty cool. We didn't stay for the whole thing because we were so tired. All-in-all, it was a great way to start our week long spring break. Wonder what kind of other adventures we will have.

3 comments:

JaNae said...

In the picture with the red fireworks the kids and I are walking across some stones in the water- can you see us?

Emily said...

I just can't get over how tall Lalee is getting! I still have pictures when she was a week old!! Where does the time go? Your family is absolutely beautiful. So glad you're enjoying the time with them :)

Amie said...

JaNae--What a cute blog! Your pictures are great. Hope you guys enjoyed spring break.
Love, Amie H.

Up to 2008 Slideshow