Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Beach combing


I love the ocean, I love the beach. Watching the waves come and crash up on the sand makes me giggle like a little girl. It always has. So it's no surprise that we spend quite a bit of time down at the beach. recently we were walking down by Araha beach during low tide. We're usually here during high tide and so we didn't realize just how far you can walk and how high the water actually is on the wall during high tide. (See the picture of the sea wall below). We love collecting seashells and looking at the marine life that exists just below the wet mushy layer of seaweed (looks like grass below). There is always a wonderful breeze off *sigh* a great place to spend the evening ;)

Of course Pete and the kids were done long before I was. I loved the candid shot of them hanging out on the stairs waiting for me. For some reason, this snapshot really spoke to me. During high tide the sea wall is covered all the way up to the top of the stairs. It was fun to see the different paintings that covers miles of the seawall, typically hidden by the ocean.

We were planning on camping this weekend at Okuma but I'm not sure if the weather will hold. Either way, I'm sure we'll have an adventure.

No comments:

Up to 2008 Slideshow